In case you didn’t know, Samsung is currently engaged with Apple in a legal battle over accusations of copying the design of Apple’s products. It looks like the authorities are in favor of Apple at this point in time, with the Federal Court judge asking Samsung to reveal to Apple some samples of its upcoming and recently released tablets and smartphones.
Apple’s legal team will have a look at the product samples and packaging of the unreleased Galaxy S II, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and the recently released Infuse 4G, and 4G LTE Droid Charge. With these samples, the Apple legal team will decide whether or not the phones are copies of Apple’s products. If the team finds the new devices to be imitations, Apple could file for an injunction blocking the devices from being sold in the US. This would be a huge blow to Samsung, as seeing how some of its upcoming Android devices are highly anticipated products this year.
Let’s hope Samsung’s latest TouchWiz devices can pass the scrutiny of Apple’s legal team. A lot of people would be pretty upset if the Galaxy S II is blocked from hitting the shelves.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iOS 7.1 Beta Download Available Now For Developers
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Follow: Apple Inc, block, lawsuit, legal, phone, Samsung, Tablet,
- Seen at: appleinsider