Who says you need fancy displays or glasses to experience 3D content on your tablets these days? Well, if you own an iPad, that’s not the case anymore. NXP software has just launched the 2nd generation CineXPlayer that allows iPad users to enjoy the 3D movie experience, glasses-free. The catch? You’ll need to stick some GRilli3D overlay film on the screen of your tablet. Which sounds like a small price to pay for the effect you get. But if you don’t want to stick anything on your iPad’s screen, you can resort to wearing anaglyph (red/blue) glasses.
Users won’t even need to look for 3D content – CineXPlayer R2 can do the 2D-to-3D conversion on the fly for you to get the 3D effect on all the regular 2D content you already own. The app also allows users to post a screen grab of their favorite scenes directly on Facebook, to share with their friends what they’re watching – without having to leave the app or interrupt the movie.
CineXPlayer R2 is available for the iPad now from the Apple App Store, and it’ll set you back $2.99 for the app and an additional $1.99 in-app purchase for the 3D feature.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update
- 2011-07-05: Bing 1.1 brings Lasso to the iPad
- 2011-06-29: Fring brings group video calls to the iPad
- 2011-05-03: TripIt for the iPad helps you plan your next trip
- 2011-04-13: ArtStudio for iPad updated and discounted