Pretty much every laptop comes with a front facing camera these days, and while not everybody makes use of it for video calling, there are other ways to make use of the camera – namely as a surveillance devices. The folks over at Naboo have just announced the launch of iVigilo, and app that allows users to turn their Mac computers into security cameras. Through the use of an app running on the computer and a dashboard app on your iOS device you can set up your MacBook or Mac computer to act as a surveillance system when you’re away from home.
If you’re usually away from home and you want a security system set up in your room at least, you can give iVigilo a shot. Of course, don’t expect it to be too useful if the first thing a robber does is unplug your Mac and steals it from your desk – but let’s hope it never comes to that. iVigilo is available here, and the dashboard app for your iOS device here.RELATED
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Jony Ive Designed (RED) Mac Pro Fetches $977,000 At Auction
- Several Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Owners Complain About Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- Historic Apple II DOS Source Code Can Now Be Downloaded
- Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- Follow: app, camera, iOS, mac, security, surveillance,