Folks in the US might be in for a disappointment if the following rumors turn out to be true. According to some reports online, the vice president of Nokia Europe mentioned that Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 devices will be released in France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK first; later this year. However, a Nokia spokeswoman, Anna Martin, refused to confirm his comments about the release of the first Nokia WP7 phones.
If this is true, that means US consumers won’t be the first to get their hands on Nokia WP7 phones – which is understandable, given Nokia’s presence in Europe compared to the US, but it’s quite odd that the phone won’t be launched in Finland, Nokia’s home country. This could mean that the VP forgot to mention Finland, or Finland is not part of the launch. But regardless of where they launch first, I’m sure everybody is just looking forward to find out what the new WP7 phones will be like.
Next Story: Piolo, the handy little stand for the iPhone 4
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-04-08: Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2011-12-08: Nokia and T-Mobile event on December 14th
- 2011-11-17: Nokia's Windows Phone devices are getting positive responses
- 2011-04-01: Symbian source code released by Nokia (Updated)
- 2011-03-14: Nokia Windows Phone 7 devices only arriving next year?