Taking your iPod or iPhone to the gym is not unheard of, placing the iPhone on the windscreen of your car to double up as a GPS unit with Google Maps isn’t an uncommon scenario either, but what happened to the iPad? If you’re looking to give your iPad 2 some loving in the gym or in the car then perhaps the Stance iPad 2 stand may be what you’re looking for.
The Stance stand comes with a base that fits in most cup holders, meaning that for some cars the cup holders can be found in between the driver’s seat and the front passengers seat, and for gym goers there’s a high chance that your treadmill or elliptical trainer or exercise bicycle will come with a cup holder, usually for holding your water bottles, or in this case your iPad 2. So instead of having to view Google Maps on the small screen on the iPhone you will now be able to get a larger view of Google Maps on the iPad 2 while driving, or when working out instead of having to listen to the awful music played at gyms, pop a pair of earphones and watch your favorite shows right from your iPad, or read a book/magazine instead.
If you’re hoping to get your hands on the Stance it will set you back $28 and if you want to look at more photos or place an order just head on down to the Quirky website.
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-10-21: iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-30: 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22: Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale
- 2012-01-20: iPad 3 high-res display hinted in iBooks 2
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-09: iPad 2 Macintosh 128k case looks authentic
- 2011-12-07: iPad to be renamed in China?
- 2011-10-24: Apple updates iPad 2 Smart Covers