We know that the iPhone 4 is one heck of a popular camera. People pull it out of their pockets to snap photographs all the time but this usually happens in social events and random situations. But what if you wanted to use your iPhone 4 to take photographs of something like say, the stars or the moon? Simply pointing it to the skies won’t work. This is where the AstroClip comes in.
Product designer, Matthew Geyster, had the idea of using his iPhone 4 to photograph the cosmos but realized he needed the aid of a telescope to do so. Since the iPhone 4 on its own isn’t compatible with a telescope, he decided to create a solution to the problem. Called the AstroClip, this injection molded plastic accessory for the iPhone 4 clips on to the phone and provides with a mount that can be secured to the eye-piece of a telescope.
When attached to a telescope, users can simply run their favorite camera app to capture anything that’s visible through the lens, making snapping images of what’s in space a simple affair. The AstroClip isn’t a product you can get your hands on yet – at the moment it’s a Kickstarter page that has a long way to go before its target funds are reached, but if you’re interested you can place a contribution to the project which will go into your pre-order for the AstroClip – with the lowest price you can pay for one being $25.
Next Story: Apple to make a bid for Hulu?
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-04-14: Land For Thirty Meter Telescope Finally Okayed By Hawaii
- 2011-12-15: Mocean Armor lets you record underwater videos with your iPhone
- 2011-11-11: Stanford is building the "world's largest" digital camera
- 2011-09-22: iPhone 4 Action Case lets you record your extreme sport stunts
- 2011-07-12: iHit iPhone 4 casing lets you hide one cigarette in a secret compartment