Great news for Foursquare users – the check-in social network has officially announced that users will have a new type of check-in to accomplish. Following in the footsteps of Facebook, Foursquare will now give users the opportunity to check in to events. This means that users can have much more detailed check-in histories without having to enter their own descriptions. Your Foursquare friends will get a more detailed idea of where you’re going and what you’re doing there.
To make sure that people actually make use of its event check in feature, Foursquare has partnered up with some large companies like ESPN, MovieTickets, and Songkick to make it more appealing. ESPN will be providing details for sports events, MovieTickets for movies and Songkick for concerts. Over thousands of events at over 50,000 venues over the next few months will be added to Foursquare over the next few months. Events check-ins on Foursquare is available for iOS now, and will be available to other platforms in the near future.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: app, check-in, foursquare, iOS, update,