The iPhone 5 hasn’t even been officially announced and there’s still no confirmation if we’ll even see one released this year – but it looks like some people are people are already trying to take advantage of the whole ambiguous situation. An eBay user, coltsfan895, has listed the iPhone 5 on eBay Canada for people to purchase at a very pricey $1,139.98. The auction will be for the 32GB model for AT&T, and it will have 1-year of Apple Care.
No specs for the phone have been listed, but the seller claims that the phone will most likely be released on October 7th 2011. No word on how he/she is going to get his/her hands on the phone, but from what I see right now, it looks like a way for the seller to make some money off naïve folks. However, the seller does have a feedback score of 530, and 99.3% positive feedback, so there’s a chance he/she isn’t pulling off a scam. Either way, we’d recommend you wait for Apple’s announcement and purchase it from an official channel instead. It’ll be safer and probably cheaper too.
Next Story: LG Optimus EX press shot leaked
- 2014-04-22: Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22: 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21: Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2012-01-25: iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05: iPhone 5 Experiment goes on