Remember the Vuzix Warp 1200 3D that was released last month? Well, Vuzix has decided to release an updated version of the cinema-in-your-glasses experience with the launch of its Wrap 1200VR. Designed especially for gaming, it features a 16:9 widescreen, virtual display and “superior head tracking for step-inside gaming”. It will have a 35 degree field of view, which is equivalent to watching 3D content on a 75″ display from 10 feet away.
The Vuzix Wrap 1200 VR supports resolutions of up to 1280 x 720 (720p), features Vuzix’s new head tracking technology: “Wrap Tracker 6TC with compass, that has 9 sensors that work together to create a 3 degree of freedom solution with automatic drift compensation for smooth, realistic motion tracking.” It currently supports over 100 titles including games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Fallout 3, F.E.A.R. and many more. The Vuzix Wrap 1200VR can connect to pretty much any Windows computer, and there are optional interfaces that allow you to connect it to component video devices like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
All in all, the Wrap 1200VR is a lot like the 1200 except that it supports 720p HD content and 3D gaming. It is available now for $599.99 over at Vuzix.com.
Next Story: Windows 8 BUILD tablets going for $2,700 on eBay
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses
- 2013-04-23: Try Glasses Online Thanks To 3D Technology
- 2011-11-08: Marchon Rogue 3D glasses set for big debut
- 2011-09-29: Sony to charge for 3D glasses in cinemas
- 2011-09-01: Full HD 3D glasses supported by Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D
- 2011-08-30: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative expands