A week ago we reported that thanks to an invitation, it appears that RIM and Porsche had plans to hold an event to unveil a new product. Unless Porsche was planning on releasing a new Porsche Blackberry sports car, it left little to the imagination at what sort of announcement that both companies were going to make, and now it is official. Both RIM and Porsche have announced the new Blackberry Porsche P‘9981.
The device isn’t really groundbreaking in terms of technology, and it appears that this is more of a luxury phone. The P‘9981 will sport a 1GHz processor under the hood, 8GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot to accommodate an additional 32GB, a 5MP camera capable of recording 720p HD videos, a QWERTY keyboard, NFC capabilities and will run on Blackberry OS 7.
The phone has also been redesigned to give it a more Porsche feel, replacing the fonts on the QWERTY keyboard and operating system with the ones used by Porsche, along with a new set of redesigned icons. If you’re a fan of Porsche cars and Blackberry devices, the good news is that the P‘9981 is expected to be made available by the end of the year for $2,000 and will be sold in limited quantities.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry os, bling, luxury, porsche, RIM,
- Seen at: mobilesyrup