Fitness buffs who were looking forward to Garmin’s ANT+ fitness device will be pleased to know that it has finally be made available. The addon device for the iPhone was spotted a little over a week ago at the FCC, but it looks like it is now available for the masses along with a companion fitness app that will be made available for both iOS and Android.
The app allows the user to track their progress while running or jogging, and it syncs with Garmin’s Connect online portal. The portal keeps track of your goals and shares your workout with your contacts, allowing you to “challenge” your peers in distance ran and time.
The good news for iPhone users is that the Garmin ANT+ brings additional features to the fitness app, and will allow for the monitoring of the user’s heart rate and cadence, and connects to the iPhone’s 30-pin dock connector. This allows the device to receive information via heart rate monitors or footpod sensors, much like the Nike+ for iPod device.
The Garmin ANT+ add-on for the iPhone is retailing for $50, while the Garmin Fit app for iOS and Android will go for $0.99
- 2014-04-08: Facebook On iPhone Could Be Responsible For Huge Battery Drain
- 2014-02-24: Garmin Xperia Edition App's SmartWatch 2 Extension Brings Navigation To Your Wrist
- 2014-02-20: Garmin Reportedly Set To Launch Navigation App For Sony SmartWatch 2
- 2014-01-06: Garmin First nüvi With Wireless Backup Camera
- 2014-01-06: Garmin Launches Dash Cam 10 And 20 With Automatic Incident Detection
- 2014-01-06: Garmin Announces Vívofit, A Stylish And Lightweight Fitness Band
- 2013-10-18: Machinarium Finally Makes Its Way Onto The iPhone
- 2013-07-09: Smart Diapers Use QR Codes To Help Parents Monitor Their Baby's Health
- 2013-06-27: Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-06-26: Samsung Lures iPhone 5 Owners To Galaxy S4 With Smart Switch App