Remember the GhostGuitar app that turns your iPad 2 into an electric guitar? Well the folks over at Starr Labs have decided to take things a step further by turning it into a real guitar with the combination of an accessory and an app. Using its patented button fretboard technology, Starr Labs has announced a new iPad accessory called the iTar. All users have to is dock the tablet, launch the app, and they can start rocking away to their favorite tunes on the guitar.
In case you’re unfamiliar with Starr Labs, its fretboard technology has been used in instruments by a whole bunch of famous artists: the Chemical Brothers, Linkin Park, Lou Reed, and many TV/film studios. This will be the first time the company is developing a product for the masses – unfortunately it doesn’t have the resources to do so, hence the Kickstarter project. If you’re interested in picking up one of these sweet looking accessories for your iPad, head over to the Kickstarter page and place a pre-order for the iTar (prices start at $200). Watch a video and read up more about it there as well.
Next Story: T-Mobile SpringBoard tablet unveiled
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-07-31 eTeleporter iPad Accessory Hopes To Bring Eye-To-Eye Contact On FaceTime
- 2013-06-12 The Smart Cargo Is An Accessory For The iPad's Smart Cover
- 2012-12-24 Nibiqü is a Touch Type-style keyboard cover for your iPad
- 2012-11-19 ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad