It is rather interesting that Nissan has no hybrid vehicle yet – although they already have released their rather successful Nissan LEAF some time ago. Well, I guess that Japanese automobile manufacturer Nissan wants to bring the best of both worlds to you in the form of a hybrid vehicle, where this new plug-in people mover will not only improve product fuel efficiency, but also lower its environmental footprint.
According to Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, Nissan will be investing 70% of its annual research and development budget on environmental technologies in the coming half decade. Their product roadmap also points towards a plug-in hybrid that will be based on in-house technology, where a totally new front-wheel hybrid model is ready to rock and roll by the time 2015 rolls around.
Do you think that Nissan’s efforts will be able to usurp the current king of the hill, Toyota’s Prius? It will definitely be an achievement worth writing home about, not to mention leaving everyone smiling as this would be a win-win situation.
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2014-01-10: Ford Hybrid Semi-Solar Vehicle Could Usher In A New Era Of Green Rides
- 2013-12-16: Nissan Powers Building In Japan With Electric Cars