Blackberry users, if you haven’t already downloaded the Gmail app for your Blackberry smartphone, we suggest that you do so as Google has announced that come 22nd of November, support for the Gmail app will be coming to an end. This means that downloads will no longer be available for the app along with support for the app. Current owners of the app will still be able to use it and access their Gmail, although as we have pointed out earlier, support for the app will cease.
The reason behind this move is because Google wants users to start moving to the mobile web browser version of Gmail. Blackberry users who want the full Gmail experience will have to rely on RIM’s Enhanced Gmail Plug-In, or if they’re not too fussy and just want to read and reply emails, the native Blackberry email app should serve you without any problems.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-10-01: Gmail APK Teardown For Android Reveals That Ads Are Arriving
- 2013-03-27: Gmail For iOS Updated To 2.1, Brings New Navigational Functionality
- 2013-03-11: Google Improves Gmail Mobile Web To Adopt Gmail 2.0 for iOS UI
- 2011-12-06: Google quietly pulls Gmail app for Symbian
- 2011-08-04: Gmail mobile gets updated with a facelift