If you were thinking of getting the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket or HTC Vivid from AT&T, the carrier has confirmed that the phones will be getting the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. While it’s not exactly surprising news, it does give consumers one less thing to worry about – especially after LG’s premature announcement of the Optimus 2X not getting the update (which was then retracted) – people were wondering which other phones won’t be getting Ice Cream Sandwich.
AT&T also stand to benefit from this announcement: when customers don’t have to worry about getting the next update, they’ll be more likely to fork out money for those phones as well. Unfortunately, no date was confirmed for the Android 4.0 update – but let’s hope it arrives in the first half of 2012 as opposed to the later. The AT&T 4G LTE phones will be arriving this Sunday, November 6th, anybody planning to pick them up? Be sure to check out our review of the (regular) Samsung Galaxy S2.
Next Story: HP Pre 3 gets a teardown at the FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2012-07-09: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Ice Cream Sandwich update released
- 2012-03-28: HTC Vivid with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich runs a whole lot faster
- 2012-03-26: Android 4.0 build leaked for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 2011-11-18: Samsung Galaxy Nexus headed to Verizon December 8th?
- 2011-10-21: Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus