The other day we reported that thanks to a leaked press shot, the LG Nitro HD appears to be headed onto AT&T’s network. Now thanks to Phone Arena who got their hands a blurry photo of the handset in the wild, perhaps we might be inching closer towards that release date, assuming of course that what we are looking at is indeed the LG Nitro HD, and not the LG Optimus LTE that is headed towards Bell Canada.
For those unfamiliar, the LG Nitro HD will be AT&T’s rebranded version of the LG Optimus LTE. The Optimus LTE was originally announced for the South Korean market, and by all accounts appears to be a challenger to the ever popular Samsung Galaxy S2. There was no word from LG if there were plans to take it globally, but not too long ago Bell Canada confirmed that they would be getting their hands on the device.
Since Bell Canada shares the same radio frequencies as AT&T, it was not a stretch to imagine that a version of the LG Optimus LTE would arrive on the carrier as well, and this blurred photo seems to suggest that, although the AT&T branding does not seem to be visible in the picture. If the leaked photos are to be believed, AT&T users can look forward to a 1.5GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM, along with 4G LTE capabilities. It will also sport a 4.5” True HD IPS display along with an 8MP camera.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2011-11-11: LG Nitro HD photo revealed, headed to AT&T
- 2011-10-13: AT&T says LTE phones won't drain battery in a jiffy
- 2011-08-29: AT&T's 4G LTE network now live in Chicago
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-16: AT&T announces its first 4G LTE devices