Remember the flexible Nokia concept phone that was shown off at Nokia World earlier this year? Well, it looks like that wasn’t the only bendy phone that Nokia had in mind. The creative folks over at the Nokia Research Lab have something even more ambitious than the bendy device but unfortunately it’s still just a concept phone without a working prototype.
Called the Nokia HumanForm, this oddly-shaped device defies almost all the rules of what makes a phone. Forget about a dedicated screen, physical buttons or even a conventional design. The Nokia HumanForm is designed to change the way we use phones. All buttons are replaced with onscreen taps and gestures, while the whole device works as a display in itself. In addition to working with regular taps and gestures, the phone itself can be bent to issue commands, just like the previously reported bendy phone.
All in all, if the future of smartphones is headed in this direction, then I’m certainly looking forward to it. Check out the concept video for yourself and let us know what you think:RELATED
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- ZTE Eco-Mobius Concept Modular Smartphone
- iPhone Air Concept Takes Design Inspiration From The iPad Air
- Samsung Shows Concepts For Smartphones With Flexible Displays
- iPhone Dock Concept Turns Your Phone Into A Bedside Lamp
- Follow: concept, Nokia, phone,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia