Rumors of an Apple television have started to gain more and more traction which seems to more or less confirm (albeit unofficially) that such a device is indeed in the works. According to Digitimes, their industry sources have informed them that Apple’s suppliers have already started to prepare the materials necessary for an “iTV” in Q1 of 2012. This would be in preparation for a scheduled launch by Apple either in Q2 or Q3 of 2012.
The sources have also indicated that instead of a set-top-box form like the current Apple TV, the new iTVs will be full TV sets with Samsung Electronics supposedly producing the chips while Sharp will be in charge for the displays. These TVs would also come in form factors of 32” and 37” varieties.
For those unfamiliar, rumors of an Apple television spun off from a quote in the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson, which reportedly quoted Steve Jobs as saying that he had finally managed to “crack” the secret to such a device. Of course this could have been taken either way and there was no indication that such a device was in production or if it was even being planned for production, so until we actually see it for ourselves, or hear it from an official Apple source, we suggest that you should probably take this with a grain of salt for now.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Talking To LG, Sharp, AU Optronics For iTV Display Panels
- Apple Busy Hiring iWatch Designers, Pushing For 2014 Release [Rumor]
- Apple iTV Will Launch This Year With iRing Accessory, According To Analyst
- Apple iWatch May Be Unveiled By The End Of 2013
- Apple executive reportedly denies that the "iTV" will be launching in the near future
- Follow: apple tv, itv,
- Seen at: digitimes