Good news Tetris-heads! If you own an iOS device and you love Tetris, you’re in for a treat – assuming you haven’t already gotten the official Tetris game on your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. EA has just launched a new version of its Tetris game, replacing the previous version they had on the Apple App Store (which has silently disappeared). Fortunately the new Tetris app will have enough features to make spending another dollar on it worthwhile.
The new version of Tetris features a whole bunch of new modes that weren’t present in the previous game. In addition to the fan favorite Marathon Mode, you now get Galaxy Mode which enables power-ups, Marathon One Touch Mode that lets you take advantage of the touchscreen to play, Tetris Log to compete with your friends, Tetris Rank that tracks your lifetime achievements, and the ability to subscribe to the T-Club – a Tetris fan club that gives members access to exclusive access to new mobile challenges and content ($2.99/month or $29.99/year).
The brand new Tetris is now available from the Apple App Store at an introductory price of $0.99. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Next Story: PlayStation Vita commercial released
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2011-11-02 Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02 Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-19 gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices
- 2011-07-07 Apple App Store hits 15 billion downloads
- 2011-06-03 DermoMap HD lets you use your iOS device to identify skin problems