Right now, we are live blogging the Microsoft Windows 8 Consumer Preview event at Mobile World Congress that is happening in Barcelona, Spain, but that does not mean news on other items will come to a trickle. No sir, Microsoft has decided to go ahead and make their latest flight simulator available to the masses as a free download – where the title is simply known as “Flight”. Making a scheduled landing as expected (which is good, since nobody likes a delayed flight), the simulator is meant to cater for those who are new to flight simulators, as this is an easily accessible alternative compared to the full fledged Flight Simulator X. Microsoft decided to settle on the free-to-play model, where they intend to make money off expansion packs. I guess this somewhat falls under the “freemium” category.
The kind of audience that Microsoft’s Flight will attract? It will most probably be the casual gamer crowd, considering how this is a free game, albeit weighing in at a rather hefty 1.43GB. Best to download this when you are off for a nap. Those who are interested in giving this simulator a go on their respective gaming rigs at home, you are free to do so via the download link here.RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- Alienware Offers Console Trade In Program
- Windows 8 App Store Flooded With Rip-Off Nintendo Titles
- Follow: flight, Microsoft,