Great news for Firefox fans with the Nokia N9. Following the release of PR1.2 for the Nokia N9, a new version of Mozilla Firefox Mobile has also been released for the phone. The latest version of the browser has been designed to bring your mobile surfing experience even closer to the desktop version of Firefox. If you love visiting fully-featured websites that require Flash, you’re in luck. Together with a new Flash Player plugin released by Nokia, the browser can be used to surf sites that still offer Flash-only video and play some games on sites such as Kongregate.
While the 3.9″ display of the N9 wasn’t designed to handle most Flash content, it will make do in a pinch especially when there’s something you need to check out urgently. Other features include browsing tabs, off-screen space for surfing controls so your screen real-estate is fully utilized for browsing, and of course syncing with your Firefox account so you’ll have all your desktop bookmarks and passwords on your phone. Firefox Mobile also supports add-ons, so you’re bound to find a lot of them ported over from the desktop version.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2013-02-24: Firefox Mobile OS: First Commercial Build Previewed
- 2010-01-29: Firefox For Mobile Is Now Available On Maemo!
- 2010-02-04: Desktop Version Of Firefox Running On Android
- 2010-03-23: Mozilla Stops Development For Firefox On Windows Mobile
- 2010-07-06: Mozilla Releases Firefox Mobile 1.1 For Maemo Devices