Awhile back, we reported an article about how Nokia are no longer recommending users to run Skype on their Lumia 610s due to the lack of RAM. Now however, it seems that a couple more high-profile applications have also joined the list. Microsoft apparently said that 95% of applications currently available in the Windows Phone Marketplace should still be able to run on the Lumia 610 but the folks over at WMPhoneApps (via PocketGamer) found out that the remaining 5% of applications that won’t work properly on the Lumia 610 includes popular applications such as Rovio’s Angry Birds and Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012).
While it doesn’t really come as a surprise that PES 2012 doesn’t run on the smartphone with its 256MB of RAM because of its 3D graphics, the worrying thing here is that Rovio’s original Angry Birds which ran smoothly on Apple’s iPhone 3GS with the same RAM is unable to run anywhere near as smoothly on the Lumia 610. If you have discovered a few more applications which aren’t running as good as it should be on your Nokia Lumia 610, do let us know about it with a comment below.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced