It just was yesterday that we had reported that apps like Angry Birds would not be able to run on the Nokia Lumia 610, ultimately joining the ranks of other apps such as Skype and PES 2012. If that managed to put you off from purchasing a Windows Phone device, fret not as according to Rovio, the developer of Angry Birds, it seems that the Finnish company is currently working on a version of Angry Birds that will play nicely with the Lumia 610’s 256MB of RAM along with other lower-end Windows Phone handsets that also feature the minimum requirement of 256MB of RAM.
“The Rovio team is currently being Angry Birds Lumia 610 for the optimized version. Yet it is not therefore available to the public but we’ve known about this. We will notify you, of course as soon as possible.”
Kudos to Rovio for their efforts, but unfortunately there’s no word if Microsoft is currently working on a version of Skype that will be compatible with lower-end Windows Phone Tango devices, but be sure to check back with us as we will be keeping you updated on the situation.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-03-07 Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2013-09-18 Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Cashes In On GTA 5 Hype
- 2012-12-30 Nokia Lumia 610 To Get Angry Birds?
- 2012-08-07 Rovio teases new female Angry Birds character
- 2012-07-26 Rovio to launch level editor for Angry Birds?