We’ve been expecting a Retina MacBook Pro in a 13-inch edition since the excellent 15-incher came out, and with an Apple press conference scheduled for next Tuesday, one huge remaining question is the price. 9-to-5 Mac has heard pricing information based on wholesale prices that tips the least expensive 13-inch Retina at $1699, with a higher-spec model costing a few hundred dollars more.
One of the biggest questions surrounding the Retina MacBook Pro 13 is what GPU will be included. We’re expecting a high-quality 2560×1600 pixel display, an Ivy Bridge processor, and ports and industrial design that resemble the MacBook Pro 15, but we’re afraid that the 13-inch model will only come with Intel’s integrated graphics. That would be a huge disappointment at this price point with such a beautiful screen.
More possible announcements at Apple’s upcoming event involve the iMac and Mac Mini. There are rumors that the industrial design of Apple’s desktop options could change, with thinner and denser being the direction. The computers also need updates to USB 3.0 and Intel’s latest processors. Current rumors point to the computers keeping their current price points with upgraded internals.RELATED
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Follow: iMac, mac mini, macbook,
- Seen at: 9to5mac