We’ve been expecting a Retina MacBook Pro in a 13-inch edition since the excellent 15-incher came out, and with an Apple press conference scheduled for next Tuesday, one huge remaining question is the price. 9-to-5 Mac has heard pricing information based on wholesale prices that tips the least expensive 13-inch Retina at $1699, with a higher-spec model costing a few hundred dollars more.
One of the biggest questions surrounding the Retina MacBook Pro 13 is what GPU will be included. We’re expecting a high-quality 2560×1600 pixel display, an Ivy Bridge processor, and ports and industrial design that resemble the MacBook Pro 15, but we’re afraid that the 13-inch model will only come with Intel’s integrated graphics. That would be a huge disappointment at this price point with such a beautiful screen.
More possible announcements at Apple’s upcoming event involve the iMac and Mac Mini. There are rumors that the industrial design of Apple’s desktop options could change, with thinner and denser being the direction. The computers also need updates to USB 3.0 and Intel’s latest processors. Current rumors point to the computers keeping their current price points with upgraded internals.
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC
- 2011-10-26: Apple MacBook Air and Mac Mini EFI firmware gets updates
- 2009-10-04: Thinner iMac And Lighter MacBook Ads
- 2010-10-12: Kanex iAdapt C30 Review (Dual DVI Adapter for Mac)