We reported a rumor last month that revealed Apple might begin trial production of the next iPhone, for now called the iPhone 5S, by the end of this year. Seeing as its early December, this is as close to “end of the year” as it gets, and because of that, we now have a possible leak of the next iPhone 5S.
According to French website Nowhereelse.fr, photos of what could potentially be the iPhone 5S were leaked onto a forum called iPhone5parts.net. The photos show the exterior of the iPhone 5S looking nearly identical to the iPhone 5, while its innards have a few screws shifted around and what looks like a different speaker towards the bottom of the iPhone 5S.
As of now, the leak should be taken with a grain of salt, especially seeing how the photo could also be of a Chinese iPhone 5 knockoff, which Nowhereelse.fr points out in their report. Although, if you consider the previous rumor puts the new iPhone 5S’ release to take place in Q1 2013, then you have quite the interesting combination that may make this leak true.
Next Story: Archos GamePad Now Available
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-08-23: Alleged iPhone 5 parts shown off in video, compared to iPhone 4S
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-21: Did Al Gore just confirm the next iPhone?
- 2011-08-31: iPhone 5 New Zealand release date leaked?