Do you own a Samsung Smart TV from 2012 and are keeping a close eye on what the company has to offer in the world of smart television, but absolutely can’t drop another few thousand bucks for a new TV? As specific as your television needs are in 2013, you probably aren’t alone and Samsung knows this, which is why it’ll be debuting its Smart TV Evolution Kit at CES 2013 next week.
Let’s say you’re a newly married couple who used some of their wedding money to purchase a new Samsung Smart TV last year, but absolutely want all of the fancy bells and whistles Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs offer. With their Evolution Kit, you’ll be able to evolve your Samsung 2012 Smart TV into a new 2013 Smart TV by attaching it to the back of your television.
The Evolution Kit adds some hardware enhancements to your 2012 Smart TV like an improved CPU, memory and GPU which will allow you to experience faster speeds in a number of ways like browsing the Internet or multitasking with applications while watching TV. Hopefully by the time 2014 comes around, you’ll have enough extra cash to buy yourself a proper update as we’re sure those Smart TVs are going to be even more impressive than this year’s.
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2013-01-10: Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Youm Flexible OLED Display
- 2013-01-07: Samsung ATIV Odyssey Releasing On Verizon Wireless In Coming Weeks
- 2013-01-07: Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage