It looks like Google is wandering in to Facebook territory, the latter has a comments system that websites owners can add, now the internet search giant has brought over Google+ comments for Blogger based websites. It seems as if Google is just testing the waters, perhaps in the near future they might allow platforms other than Blogger or WordPress to integrate Google+ comments as well. This new comments feature can be activated from the Blogger Dashboard, its purely opt-in and won’t be enforced on all websites based on Blogger.
People commenting on the blog will have the option to comment publicly or privately for their various Google+ circles. While reading comments, users can choose to view all comments, just the top ones or only those comments made by people in their circles. Website owners will be able to engage more of their readers, if someone’s talking about their blog entries publicly on Google+ those comments and replies will also appear on the blog. Older comments on any blog will continue to be displayed in the new widget. Who’s going to try this on their website?
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-03-04: Yahoo Will Soon Start Blocking Google And Facebook Accounts From Its Services
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-20: Google Reportedly Offered WhatsApp More Than $19bn In Last-Ditch Effort
- 2014-02-20: Google Wanted To Buy WhatsApp For $10 Billion [Report]