It’s been quite the past couple of weeks if you’re a Gmail user as we’ve seen its desktop, mobile and Android versions receive an update and it looks iOS users are now receiving their own updated version of Gmail.
Gmail for iOS version 2.3.14159 brings a small number of improvements, but improvements we’re sure most users will appreciate. The first improvement Google rolled out was to Gmail for iOS’ notifications options as you’ll now be able to customize what kind of messages you’ll receive a notification for on an account basis.
The second improvement brings the new mobile inbox we’ve seen on Android, which means you’ll be able to use Gmail’s new sorted inbox, although you’ll need to activate the new inbox through the desktop version of Gmail before it shows up in the Gmail iOS app.
The new Gmail for iOS update brings this version one step closer to offering an identical experience to its Android app and is one Gmail users should definitely update right this second.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-05-06 Gmail for iOS Updated To Open Links In Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps
- 2013-03-27 Gmail For iOS Updated To 2.1, Brings New Navigational Functionality
- 2013-01-25 Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012
- 2011-12-14 Google Gmail app for iOS updated
- 2011-11-16 GMail app back in the AppStore