You’d think that for all the time Apple and Samsung spend squabbling in court, they’ll probably not want anything to do with each other when it comes to business. However according to a new report Samsung is now one of the biggest display suppliers for next generation iPad for Apple. Samsung is reportedly manufacturing displays for both iPad mini and iPad 5, the displays are said to have Retina Display resolution. This isn’t the first time that both companies have worked together, Apple has used Samsung as a display supplier for Retina touting third-generation iPad.
iPad mini displays are reportedly going to come out first in the third quarter, followed by next generation iPad’s displays in the fourth quarter. Apple is expected to unveil two new iPads this fall, a refreshed 9.7 inch one and a Retina touting iPad mini. Apple has a number of other suppliers as well that manufacture displays, these include AUO, Sharp and LG. There have been rumors of a cheaper iPad mini as well, one that won’t have a Retina Display. Even if Apple’s products are relying upon components from Samsung, that certainly doesn’t mean there will be any leniency in the plethora of court cases these companies have going on against each other.
Next Story: Android 4.2.2 For Xperia Z Download Leaked
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2013-08-13: Retina iPad Mini And Next Generation iPad Expected To Release Around The Holidays
- 2013-08-04: Next Generation iPad Purported Front And Rear Panels Shown Off In A Video
- 2013-08-01: New iPad Mini To Use Samsung Retina Displays, Says WSJ
- 2013-04-23: Analyst Believes iPhone 5 Sales Have Been Disappointing