Video game consoles have a wide variety of options users can choose from that provide streaming video services on the fly. The Xbox 360, for example, has Netflix, Hulu and even a FiOS app that allows its users, who are subscribers to the cable provider, to be able to watch live TV from a small selection of channels. It looks like another cable provider will be throwing their app into the Xbox 360 ring as Time Warner Cable has announced it will be releasing its TWC TV app onto the console later this summer.
The TWC TV app will deliver up to 300 channels for Xbox 360 owners who also are Xbox Live Gold members. The channels Time Warner Cable will provide in its TWC TV Xbox 360 application will include AMC, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Food Network and more and the entire experience will support Kinect voice controls.
Just like the FiOS app, you’ll need to be a Time Warner Cable subscriber in order to access the TWC TV application in order to watch live television through the service.RELATED
- Microsoft Adds Jinni Engine To Improve Xbox Video Recommendations
- Pixelate Interactive Dining Table Lets You Game While You Eat
- Ubisoft's Rabbids Starring In Nickelodeon Show Starting August 3
- Dragon Quest Slime Salt And Pepper Shakers Available On July 26
- Netflix Launches Content Suggestion Engine Called Max Onto PS3
- Follow: Microsoft, time warner cable, xbox, xbox 360,
- Seen at: news.xbox