Less than 24 hours ago, Nokia teased the tech world by publishing a blog post saying Nokia HERE would be made available in vehicles. After being unable to sleep due to the upcoming announcement, we’re sure you’ll be happy to hear Nokia kept to their promise and has announced HERE Auto.
HERE Auto is an embedded in-dash navigation system that uses the combination of a companion application, called HERE Auto Companion app, and a cloud service. Once you equip your vehicle with HERE Auto, you’ll be able to receive voice navigation while you zip around town, with an option of using a data connection or being completely offline. Although, if you have a constant Internet connection, you’ll be able to receive real-time data information, which includes weather and traffic updates.
HERE Auto unsurprisingly only works with Windows Phone devices, although Espoo plans to be developing iOS and Android version. Nokia says they have partnered with Continental in order to assist with getting carmakers to adopt their HERE Auto into their navigation systems, although it may take some time until we actually see the service be available by default on a brand-new vehicle. Until then, if you’re a Windows Phone user, you definitely have something to look forward to once HERE Auto is available.RELATED
- MapQuest Launches Redesigned iPhone, Android App
- Gogo Launches Talk & Text In-Flight Service
- Glympse Teams Up With Gogo To Offer In-Flight Check-ins
- FAA Advisory Panel Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics On Planes
- New York Introduces 'Text Stops' Along Major Highways, Thruways
- Follow: Microsoft, Nokia, windows, windows phone 8,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia