If one were to remain where they are without any progression, it is unavoidable that your competitors would eventually catch up with you if they were to be behind in the first place, before overtaking you. Twitter knows this basic principle as well, which is why they have introduced updates to their service from time to time, and this has definitely helped them remain in business, so to speak, for the past seven years and counting. For those who have been keeping track, text-based search results are not going to cut the mustard these days, as folks are looking for people, pictures and social context.
Twitter intends to keep up with what people want, and they have updated their own search bar with socially aware suggestions, including previous search data and additional robust results. Of course, this does not mean that the general search experience has changed, but overall the changes do make the experience better than before. Do you like the new features that accompany Twitter this time around?
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ
- 2011-02-17: Google Social Search updated
- 2009-10-21: Microsoft will have access to Twitter real-time data. Facebook is next.
- 2009-10-21: Google gets access to Twitter data too