Redbox Instant was launched by Redbox earlier this year with Verizon, where it is being touted to be a competitor to another video streaming solution from Netflix. Well, what is the whole point of having a particular piece of software or app if it were not to receive updates along the way to be better and more efficient? Good to know that Redbox has already introduced a new update for the iPhone app, where this time around, one will be able to enjoy AirPlay streaming support. Of course, there will still be limitations, as AirPlay would play nice only for video streaming, but it will be unable to support anything that has already been downloaded.
This would be a blow to those who want to see Redbox as an alternative for its on-demand and subscription libraries. Another area of concern would be, the app itself would stop running in the event where there are incoming texts and notifications, or should one happen to run a different app apart from Redbox. According to Redbox Instant, this latest update will also be able to handle unnamed bugs, all the while improving the recommendations engine so that it can be a whole lot more accurate concerning the kinds of movies which will be suggested to members.
Next Story: Toys R Us’ Stock Of Next Gen Consoles Sold Out
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-02-18: Redbox Instant Playlist Theme On PS4 Undergoes Vote
- 2013-11-27: Redbox Instant On iPhone Now Supports AirPlay Streaming
- 2013-09-21: CyanogenMod To Bring AirPlay Mirroring On Android
- 2013-07-09: iOS 7 Option Points At AirPlay Support For Cars
- 2013-05-15: LG Smart TVs Support Redbox Instant Starting Today
- 2013-03-13: CasaTunes Introduces Multi-Room AirPlay Music Servers
- 2013-02-25: Qualcomm, DoubleTwist Announce Open-Source AirPlay-like Application