The other day we reported that Xbox One gamers had reported that there were issues with their console, namely the Blu-Ray disc drives that appeared to be giving them problems and emitted a weird sound when a disc was inserted. Microsoft has since issued a statement about the problem and the good news is that gamers who have been affected by the problem, Microsoft will not only be exchanging your console for one where all the parts are working, but are also giving you a free digital game so that even though your console’s disc drive is not working, you’d still be able to play games at least.
Gamers who have been affected are first required to tell Microsoft’s customer support about the problem and take part in the Xbox One exchange plan, after which a digital code for a game will be given to you. As it stands gamers can only choose between these four games: Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse, or Zoo Tycoon. Like we said since this is a digital download, it means that assuming the rest of your console works fine and you have an internet connection, you will be able to download the game and enjoy some gaming while you wait for your Xbox One replacement. Good job, Microsoft!
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon