Microsoft announced its once exclusive Windows Phone 8 title, Halo: Spartan Assault, would start making its way across additional platforms. The title made its way to Windows 8 this past summer, and Microsoft announced it would be making its presence on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 this month. Well – we have some good news for Xbox One owners and some bad news for Xbox 360 owners regarding the title’s release this month.
Xbox One owners will be able to download Halo: Spartan Assault on December 24 for $14.99, Microsoft announced. Those who were hoping to get in on the Spartan Assault fun on the Xbox 360 will have to wait just a little bit longer as Microsoft says that version will follow in January 2014, although no actual release date was given at the time.
Halo: Spartan Assault will be available at a discount if you purchased the game already on Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 prior to December 15. If you fall into this category, then you’ll be able to pick up the Xbox One version of the game for just $4.99. No word yet if Xbox 360 owners will receive this same discount, but we can’t imagine Microsoft not offering the same price for previous owners of the game.
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-11: Xbox One Sells Over 2 Million Units In First 18 Days
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December