At the recent WIMA NFC Conference, Rovio announced that they will be releasing a new version of Angry Birds for Nokia phones with NFC capabilities. Arriving as game preloaded with the Symbian Anna update, Angry Birds Magic will require players to have NFC in order to proceed with the game.
Angry Birds Magic will launch with only five playable levels. Once the levels are completed, players will have to obtain the help of a friend with an NFC-enabled phone to unlock an extra five levels for each other. A third player with NFC will be required to unlock the remaining five levels. In the event that the Angry Birds players have no friends with NFC-enabled phones, they will be able to look out for special NFC tags that will be located in public areas for users to unlock the additional levels.
While it does feel like an interesting way to unlock new levels, Rovio hasn’t explained what benefits this method of unlocking will bring to the gameplay. After all, you can only rehash a franchise so many times while keeping the same style of play. No word on whether the game will make it onto NFC-enabled Android phones in the future, but expect more details soon. Hit the break to watch a video promo of Angry Birds Magic.
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Follow: angry birds, anna, NFC, Nokia, rovio, symbian,
- Seen at: thenextweb