[Blackberry World] When the PlayBook first arrived, many people were disappointed with the lack of apps that were available with the device. As mentioned in our PlayBook review, there were no email, calendar, video chat, and even basic apps like Facebook present on the tablet when it arrived. Well it looks like RIM are working hard to address the issue and has announced the Facebook app for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
The upcoming Facebook app will be optimized for the PlayBook’s 7″ display and HDMI output (if a user is so inclined to share his personal life with everybody on a TV). The FaceBook app will provide users with all of the main features available in FaceBook – view and add friends easily, check out profiles, walls, posts, pages, views, and like items; seamless photo and video viewing – you can tag friends, view comments, tags and likes, and even output videos in full 1080p HD on a connected HDTV, chat with friends while doing other things like browsing profiles or viewing photos, and also view and interact with the news feed.
The BlackBerry PlayBook Facebook app will be demonstrated this week at BlackBerry App World, though it will only be available on the BlackBerry App World sometime this month.
More BlackBerry World Coverage:
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 Preview
- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Video Chat app
- BlackBerry Enterprise Solution to work on multiple platforms
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Follow: app, blackberry, blackberry world, Facebook, playbook, qnx, RIM, Tablet,