Who would’ve thought we’d live to see the day where our refrigerators can do more than just keep our food and cooking ingredients cold? Earlier this year, Samsung introduced us to the world of next generation kitchen appliances, and one of them was the LCD Refrigerator: a fridge that packed an LCD touchscreen display, with the ability to run apps to improve our daily lives.
With a touchscreen interface on your fridge, there’s no more reason to clutter up its face with magnets (though you still can) – just launch the notepad app on the fridge to leave or read notes for yourself or your family. Need a recipe for that dish you’ve wanted to try out? Just launch Epicurious and look for the recipe there. If you’re waiting for something to boil or grill, you can pass time by looking at photographs on Picasa Web Albums or even do the dishes/cook over your personalized music channel streaming from Pandora. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted in a fridge and more.
The Samsung LCD Refrigerator with apps is available at national retailers including Lowe’s and Best Buy for an MSRP starting at $3,499.99 for the 4-Door French Door model (RF4289) and $2,699.99 for the Side-by-Side model (RSG309).
[image credit: pinoytutorial]
Next Story: Leica M9-P announced
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-02-25: Samsung Will Preload Apps On Galaxy Devices Based On Your Personality [Rumor]
- 2014-02-16: Power Sleep App Will Use Your Unused CPU Cycles For Science
- 2014-01-30: Samsung Creates New "Life Times" App For The Galaxy S5 [Rumor]
- 2014-01-14: Samsung Launches Eyes On The Road App That Prevents Texting While Driving
- 2011-04-18: Samsung RF4289 smart fridge gets a price tag