Just when you thought electric vehicles (EV) couldn’t get any greener, Nissan and 4R have decided to come up with a way to make them rechargeable via renewable energy sources. The two companies have just announced that they’ve developed a charging system that combines a solar power generation system with high-capacity lithium-ion batteries.
Electricity is generated through solar cells that are installed at Nissan’s Global Headquarters, and then stored in these high-capacity lithium-ion batteries. Each battery is said to be able to store enough energy to charge four Nissan LEAF cars. Using this technology, it means that the cars which already don’t emit any harmful gasses to the environment won’t require charging methods that are harmful to the environment. Talk about one more reason to get yourself an EV car.
No word on how long it will take to charge these high-capacity batteries, but we can be pretty sure the world will be a greener place if EVs and these charging stations get adopted worldwide.RELATED
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Follow: charging station, ev, leaf, nissan, Solar,