DJ applications for iOS devices aren’t exactly new, but how about a physical DJ controller that can be hooked up to your iPad/iPhone? After all, if DJs in clubs can hook a computer up to a physical turntable which doubles up as a controller, why can’t the iPad/iPhone do the same too?
Numark together with algoriddim have teamed up to bring the iDJ Live, which is a portable DJ controller for both the iPhone and the iPad. The hardware will be supported by algoriddim’s popular djay app for the iPad and iPhone, which would allow users to mix and scratch using music that is directly linked from their iTunes library in algoriddim’s djay app.
The iDJ Live controller features two large performance platters and a central mixer section with a crossfader, along with buttons and knobs to simulate the two-decks-and-a-mixer setup that professional DJs tend to use. It looks pretty cool, and judging by the video below, it sounds pretty good too, with the app working pretty much in synch with the controller.
We can’t be sure of the quality of the controller, although it is made by Numark, a company that is very established in the DJ industry, so we’re guessing that there will be some level of quality that can be found in the device. The djay app will cost $20 for the iPad and $1 for the iPhone, with the iDJ Live controller sporting a price tag of $100.
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- RockAppleWood is a classy looking iOS speaker dock made from wood
- IK Multimedia's iRig MIC Cast for iOS devices now available for $39.99
- BabyPing Turns Your iOS Device into a Baby Monitor; Launched in the UK; US in Late June