The concepts of the various technology seen in the movie Minority Report seem to be rather popular, and given the rate at which technology is progressing, it’s only a matter of time before we see it being made into reality, and based on a recent Apple patent, it looks like perhaps that future may not be as far off as we think.
However it seems that some are thinking that the patent sounds more like Microsoft’s Xbox’s Kinect rather than Minority Report, since the patent describes a projector with a scanning beam that picks up the user’s movements via a receiver, which would be a secondary device, much like the Kinect.
The main difference here is that unlike the Kinect, the patent suggests a possible holographic display which can be interacted with, much like in the Minority Report movie. As to when we will see this made a reality? It’s hard to say and given the amount of patents that Apple has been registering lately, telling which patents they plan to use and which they’re hoarding for use in litigations is starting to be a bit difficult.RELATED
- iPhone Air Concept Takes Design Inspiration From The iPad Air
- iWatch Concept Takes Design Inspiration From Nike's FuelBand
- iPhone Dock Concept Turns Your Phone Into A Bedside Lamp
- Concept Budget iPhone Rendering Makes It Look Less "Cheap"
- This All-Glass Mac Pro Concept Will Make You Drool
- Follow: Apple Inc, hologram, kinect, Microsoft, patent, pico projector, xbox,
- Seen at: macnn