If you thought that fake Apple stores were limited to China, you would be wrong as not too long ago fake stores were discovered in the US. Two such stores in Queens were accused of trademark infringement and in the latest development of the case, they have been ordered to hand over all products to Apple.
To be more specific, the products that the stores have to return need are ones that bear either the word “Apple” or any of the ubiquitous trademarks, such as the phrase “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.” As part of the settlement, the stores have also agreed to rename their store from Apple Story to something less related to Apple. This whole affair sounds a lot more civilized and reasonable compared to the whole Apple vs Samsung lawsuit, doesn’t it?
Next Story: Sprint says they can handle the iPhone
- 2014-01-28: Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2014-01-09: Apple Opens 10th Retail Store In Mainland China Tomorrow
- 2013-12-23: Thieves Rob Apple Store In Berlin, Crash Car Into Front Door
- 2013-12-01: Apple Stores Feature Red Colored Logo For World AIDS Day
- 2013-11-24: Tim Cook Decides Against Opening Apple Retail Stores On Thanksgiving
- 2013-11-20: Apple Store App For iPad Revealed At Last
- 2013-11-14: Apple To Spend $10.5 Billion Next Year To Secure Exclusive Manufacturing Deals
- 2011-09-08: NuForce Icon iDo headphone amp
- 2011-09-02: XtremeMac announces four iOS/Mac specific sound systems
- 2011-01-05: iLuv to showcase new accessories at CES 2011