Taito, creators of the classic arcade game, Space Invaders has decided to hop on the iPad arcade cabinet craze and launched its own version of the iPad accessory. Called the InvaderCade, this contraption turns your lovely tablet into a screen for you to blast aliens with. Featuring a ball-top joystick and a single button to fire your ship’s gun, gaming hasn’t been this simple in awhile.
All you have to do is plug your iPad into the InvaderCade, launch the game and you’re good to go. If you don’t want to disturb your neighbors or friends while playing this game, there’s even a headphone jack for you to use. And when you’re not blasting aliens in the game, it even serves as a charging dock, so at the very least you’ll have a nice looking speaker dock you’re your iPad (yes, it comes with stereo speakers).
It’s not the first time we’ve seen such accessories for the iPad, and it definitely won’t be the last, but hey – nobody’s forcing you to purchase one right? The InvaderCade will be available for around $205 in Japan on October 11th.
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2011-09-16: BrainKiss app for iPad tells you if you're attracted to someone