Taito, creators of the classic arcade game, Space Invaders has decided to hop on the iPad arcade cabinet craze and launched its own version of the iPad accessory. Called the InvaderCade, this contraption turns your lovely tablet into a screen for you to blast aliens with. Featuring a ball-top joystick and a single button to fire your ship’s gun, gaming hasn’t been this simple in awhile.
All you have to do is plug your iPad into the InvaderCade, launch the game and you’re good to go. If you don’t want to disturb your neighbors or friends while playing this game, there’s even a headphone jack for you to use. And when you’re not blasting aliens in the game, it even serves as a charging dock, so at the very least you’ll have a nice looking speaker dock you’re your iPad (yes, it comes with stereo speakers).
It’s not the first time we’ve seen such accessories for the iPad, and it definitely won’t be the last, but hey – nobody’s forcing you to purchase one right? The InvaderCade will be available for around $205 in Japan on October 11th.
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Infinity Blade III Launching On iOS September 18 For $6.99
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Back To The iTunes App Store
- Angry Birds Updated To Include New Levels, Powers, Traveling Pigs