Google has just announced the release of an updated version of Google Search app for the iPad. The app gets a user interface overhaul, which makes it more interactive, more visual and efficient for searching. First of all, the speed of the app has improved with the availability of Google Instant when searching, users now get a new, slide-in pane layered over the search results that lets them view search results while their web pages are loading as well as easily switch back and forth between the results and the web page.
Images are now shown on a new image carousel which gives a nice preview of images using most of the iPad’s display, and a visual search history view lets users easily go through their previous searches without having to retype anything. Instant Previews are also available, letting users save time by checking out a preview before loading the website, and there are now tools for searching within a page as well as for adding a +1 to your favorite sites.
Lastly, there are a whole bunch of new shortcuts for accessing your favorite Google apps and services in the new Apps menu. Head over to the Apple App Store now to download the latest version of Google Search for your iPad.RELATED
- Retina iPad Mini In-Store Tracker Tool Is Live
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Apple Issues Shutdown Notice To Website That Helps Find Apple Products
- Skype Video Messaging Launches On Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, BlackBerry
- Google Hangouts Now Available As iOS, Android, Chrome Standalone Apps
- Follow: app, Google, google search, iOS,
- Seen at: googlemobile.blogspot