Google has just announced the release of an updated version of Google Search app for the iPad. The app gets a user interface overhaul, which makes it more interactive, more visual and efficient for searching. First of all, the speed of the app has improved with the availability of Google Instant when searching, users now get a new, slide-in pane layered over the search results that lets them view search results while their web pages are loading as well as easily switch back and forth between the results and the web page.
Images are now shown on a new image carousel which gives a nice preview of images using most of the iPad’s display, and a visual search history view lets users easily go through their previous searches without having to retype anything. Instant Previews are also available, letting users save time by checking out a preview before loading the website, and there are now tools for searching within a page as well as for adding a +1 to your favorite sites.
Lastly, there are a whole bunch of new shortcuts for accessing your favorite Google apps and services in the new Apps menu. Head over to the Apple App Store now to download the latest version of Google Search for your iPad.
Next Story: Max Payne 3 limited edition detailed
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-05-20: Google Field Trip Gives Users Free Admission To 13 Museums
- 2013-05-08: Google Wants To Help Developers Make iOS Apps Launch Links In Chrome
- 2013-03-27: Gmail For iOS Updated To 2.1, Brings New Navigational Functionality
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-01-25: Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012