Like clockwork, rumors for the new iPad have started up again. Just like last year when the iPad 2 was what everybody was looking for, this time around it’s the iPad 3 that has everybody’s attention. There are a lot of rumors about the device floating around – higher resolution and smaller form factor being the biggest of the lot. Now there’s a new one that’s recently surfaced – the iPad 3′s launch date.
According to a Chinese newspaper that first reported the story, its trusted sources believe that the iPad 3 might be launched on February 24th – the birthday of Apple’s founder and late CEO – Steve Jobs’. Now it’s not usual Apple behavior to plan the launch of products around a special date – they normally launch something when it’s completed as opposed to when the time has come. But due to Steve Job’s recent death, the company might make that exception just this once.
What do you think of a February 24th launch for the iPad 3? Plausible?
Next Story: Go Daddy withdraws SOPA support
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2012-02-13 Sharp-made Retina Display to be in iPad 3?
- 2012-01-19 iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-11-18 Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15 LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-11-03 Apple rumored to release two iPad tablets next year