Lumia owners, rejoice – Nokia has announced a bunch of new updates for its Nokia Transport, Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive apps. The Windows Phone apps that help you get around wherever you are have got some new features to make life easier. First up Nokia Drive now has alerts to let you know if you’re driving too fast – to help prevent you from picking up that umpteenth speeding ticket. The app now also has the option to store country maps for offline access – to help you when you’re in areas with poor or no network access, and also to prevent you from racking up a hefty phone bill when you’re in another country.
Next up, Nokia Maps now has the ability to store favorites. You no longer have to remember where you want to check out and retype it into the phone manually, just select a place from a list that you create. The favorites list will also make it easier for you to share place details and how to get there via SMS, email or social networks. Maps also now supports live traffic updates in certain countries (USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, UK, and Finland just to name a few).
Lastly, Nokia Transport (which is now available in over 510 cities in 46 countries) is now out of beta. The app gives users an overview of how to get, within city limits, from A to B using public transportation, along with timetable information (for certain cities). All three apps are available now from the Windows Phone Marketplace or you can wait for update notifications on your Lumia device.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-03-07: Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- 2011-11-21: Nokia Drive app update in the works for offline support
- 2011-11-21: Nokia Drive XAP leaked for unlocked non-Nokia devices
- 2011-11-01: Nokia Maps will be arriving on other Windows Phones