Imangi Studios’ Temple Run 2 made its debut earlier this year iOS and Android resulting in the game being downloaded over 50 million times at last count. Today, Imangi has announced the entire Temple Run franchise has been downloaded over 300 million times across all platforms its available on, but that’s not all as they’re also announcing a new update for its Temple Run 2.
The new update for Temple Run 2 will add a new landscape called The Narrows, and with it, a new terrain. Two new obstacles are also being added today as spinning saw blades and crumbling paths will continue to try to keep your adventurer from reaching their highest score possible. In addition to the new landscape and obstacles, Imangi is making it possible to earn free coins and gems in a new “Free Stuff” menu. What you’ll need to do in order to earn some free stuff within the game isn’t known at this time, but we’re sure it has absolutely nothing to do with playing other recently released endless runner games.
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-03-20: Temple Run Developer Shares Early Prototypes Of The Game
- 2013-07-11: Temple Run To Hit More Lumia Handsets Soon
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-05-15: Time Warner Streaming TNT, TBS On Multiple Devices Starting This Summer
- 2013-04-26: Smart Pajamas Use Dots To Read Bedtime Stories On Your iOS, Android Devices
- 2013-03-27: Temple Run Makes Its Long-Awaited Debut On Windows Phone
- 2013-03-01: Angry Birds Developer Releasing The Croods Mobile Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-02-21: Consumers Spent More On Mobile Games Than Handheld Games Last Quarter