Halo: Spartan Assault was made available on Verizon Windows Phone 8 devices in July, but was made available to all WP8 devices a month later so all Halo fans could shoot their way across the game’s story. If you’ve completely exhausted the Halo: Spartan Assault experience due to playing it at every moment you have a bit of free time, then you’ll be happy to hear a new expansion pack will soon be made available that will not only add new content, but will also add improved support.
The expansion to Halo: Spartan Assault will be called “Operation Hydra” and will feature a new set of missions which will follow protagonist Sarah Palmer as she fights against, you guess it, the Covenant. A total of five new missions are expected to be available once the expansion launches on Thursday, but that’s not all. The Operation Hydra expansion also adds support for wired Xbox 360 controllers, which we’re sure will be a welcome addition to twin-stick shooter fans everywhere.
One of the last improvements that will be made to Halo: Spartan Assault when Operation Hydra releases is the ability to purchase weapons with in-game experience points, instead of only being available via in-app purchase.RELATED
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- PlayStation App Released Ahead Of PS4 Launch On iOS, Android
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- Follow: halo, Microsoft, windows, windows phone 8,
- Seen at: halowaypoint