Halo: Spartan Assault was made available on Verizon Windows Phone 8 devices in July, but was made available to all WP8 devices a month later so all Halo fans could shoot their way across the game’s story. If you’ve completely exhausted the Halo: Spartan Assault experience due to playing it at every moment you have a bit of free time, then you’ll be happy to hear a new expansion pack will soon be made available that will not only add new content, but will also add improved support.
The expansion to Halo: Spartan Assault will be called “Operation Hydra” and will feature a new set of missions which will follow protagonist Sarah Palmer as she fights against, you guess it, the Covenant. A total of five new missions are expected to be available once the expansion launches on Thursday, but that’s not all. The Operation Hydra expansion also adds support for wired Xbox 360 controllers, which we’re sure will be a welcome addition to twin-stick shooter fans everywhere.
One of the last improvements that will be made to Halo: Spartan Assault when Operation Hydra releases is the ability to purchase weapons with in-game experience points, instead of only being available via in-app purchase.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-02-28: Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta Could Be Released This Year
- 2014-02-28: Halo News Will Be Shared At E3, According To Phil Spencer
- 2014-02-13: Halo 2 Anniversary Coming This Year, Says Voice Actor
- 2014-02-04: UNSC Spirit Of Fire Gets The LEGO Treatment
- 2013-11-15: Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-08-30: Nokia's HERE Auto Revealed To Be In-Dash Navigation System
- 2013-06-04: Halo: Spartan Assault Coming To Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 In July
- 2013-04-16: Microsoft Has No Plans To Release Its Own Windows Phone Anytime Soon
- 2013-03-26: Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920