SMS Text message are extremely important for a lot of people. Yet, it is very easy to lose them all when your phone is lost or destroyed, reset or simply when you switch to a new one. An SMS text message backup isn’t hard to do and we will show you how. You don’t need root access or anything hacky, just a free app and a few minutes of your time. Here’s how to do wit with two apps optionsas Android makes it extremely easy to save and restore your precious text messages.
1. SMS Backup & Restore
SMS Backup & Restore is a very popular application developed by Carbonite. It is actively developed and maintained by the team.
You can utilize this app to backup and restore SMS on Android by following the steps mentioned below:
Steps To Backup SMS on Android – Using Backup & Restore App
- Install the app and launch it.
- After you are inside the app, you will observe a couple of simple options that say – “Backup,” “Restore” “Manage Space” and so on. Before trying to restore, you need to first have a backup. So, click on Backup.
- You will be able to notice the backup file with an XML extension. If you need, you can rename it to whatever you want.
- As an additional step, if you want to choose the conversations you want to backup, you can tap on “Selected Conversations Only.” Also, if you want to change the storage location, you can tap on the Gear icon to choose from local, Dropbox or Google drive.
- After you are done with the additional steps, you can go ahead clicking on “Backup Now” to start backing up the desired SMS messages.
Steps To Restore SMS on Android – Using Backup & Restore App
Now, that you have a backup file on your local storage or in a cloud storage drive, you can restore it quickly. Do note that we recommend you to backup the SMS file to your cloud storage drive so that you can restore your SMS messages even if you move to a new Android device.
To restore you simply need to launch the app and tap on “Restore.” If there is a file on your local storage, it will show up under the local tab, and you can proceed to restore it. In either case, if you do not have a local backup file, you need to tap on any of the tabs – Google Drive or Dropbox and log into it to search for the file and then proceed to restore it.
2. Super Backup & Restore
Another popular backup/restore app for Android. However, with this app installed, you can backup a wide range of data from your device. The first application mentioned above would be totally convenient to every user, but on the chance, if it does not work, you can try this one.
Follow the steps mentioned below to start backing up and restoring your SMS messages with this app.
Steps To Backup SMS Messages – Using Super Backup
- Install and launch the app.
- After heading into the app, you would observe several options to choose from to backup. Here, you will have to click on “SMS.”
- Now, you need to simply click on “Backup” to proceed to create the backup file. You can rename the file if needed and then tap on OK to start backing up. After you are done, you will be asked whether if you want to send the backup file to any of the available cloud storage services or if you want to send it to someone via email.
Steps To Restore SMS Messages – Using Super Backup
- Launch the app.
- Click on “SMS” option to proceed to restore the SMS messages.
- Finally, you would need to click on “Restore” option and find the target file.
- With this app, you cannot sign in to your cloud storage service and directly restore. Instead, you need to bring the file to your local storage from your cloud storage drive manually and then restore it.
Finally, you must have realized how easy it is to backup and restore SMS on Android. You just need to utilize any of the apps mentioned above.
Did we miss any of your favorite app that deserves to be mentioned? Did something go wrong?
Let us know in the comments section below.