Google introduced its Send to TV function with its YouTube Android application this past November, although it was only possible to perform the feature on Google TV set-top-boxes. Over the following weeks, native YouTube applications on game consoles and Smart TVs supported the feature, and today, iOS users can finally get in on the action as the official YouTube application has received the Send to TV” function.
The Send to TV function currently supports the Xbox 360, PS3 and Smart TVs that have a YouTube application available to it. If you’re asking where’s the support for the Wii U, we don’t think that’ll happen any time soon considering how the Wii U’s gamepad can interact with the console in a similar way.
In addition to the Send to TV feature, the YouTube iOS application is also getting support for image recording and uploads by integrating with its YouTube Capture application. Streaming video over slow Wi-Fi connections has also been improved in this update.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-26 XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20
- 2013-04-25 Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-04-12 Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles
- 2013-04-09 Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U