Google introduced its Send to TV function with its YouTube Android application this past November, although it was only possible to perform the feature on Google TV set-top-boxes. Over the following weeks, native YouTube applications on game consoles and Smart TVs supported the feature, and today, iOS users can finally get in on the action as the official YouTube application has received the Send to TV” function.
The Send to TV function currently supports the Xbox 360, PS3 and Smart TVs that have a YouTube application available to it. If you’re asking where’s the support for the Wii U, we don’t think that’ll happen any time soon considering how the Wii U’s gamepad can interact with the console in a similar way.
In addition to the Send to TV feature, the YouTube iOS application is also getting support for image recording and uploads by integrating with its YouTube Capture application. Streaming video over slow Wi-Fi connections has also been improved in this update.RELATED
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- PlayStation App Released Ahead Of PS4 Launch On iOS, Android
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- Follow: apps, Google, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, Microsoft, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony, xbox, xbox 360, YouTube,